Sunday, September 6

Save a Man

01.09.111

Danera IV – Moon 1 _ Royal Khanid Navy Assemble Plant

From: Anark Bandu – Level 2 Agent with Royal Khanid Navy
Recently a thief stole some valuable documents from a high ranking officer and friend of mine in Royal Khanid Navy. These documents are very sensitive and we fear they were stolen by someone working for an enemy of ours. Fortunately, the information stored within the documents was encrypted using the very latest encryption software. The thief probably did not expect this, and we believe the information has not yet been revealed to him or his employer. Should it leak out however then the leader of Royal Khanid Navy will be ... less than forgiving. Would you please save my friends career? I have been told by a reliable source of a shady person who docked here yesterday and was spotted near my friends’ apartment, and is most likely the thief of whom I speak. This person has very recently left this station. I will pay you 72000 ISK if you intercept the thief, destroy his ship if he offers resistance and bring the documents back to me. I know you probably do not want to harm someone who may not be guilty, but I assure you that this scoundrel has a history of criminal offences within Khanid. The people of Khanid will be glad to know of his demise.

After reading the mission brief from my agent in pod, I ordered my crew to ready the ship, we were heading out. As I eased ARN FL Forscher, the Amarrian Harbinger class Battlecruiser out of the station, I aligned my ship onto the beacon provided, and entered warp. Thinking to myself “This thief wasn’t smart, he should have left the system.”
As I left warp, I came upon a dead space jump, and an automated message from my agent pops up.

This is Sangrel Minn's hideout, which is located in the midst of an area of space infested by rogue drones. Few consider it a coincidence that whenever Sangrel is chased into this area, the pursuers are immediately set up on by a multitude of drone ships.

I aligned on the gate and activated it, my ship entering warp again. As I came out of warp, my scanners picked up multiple hostile drones, and 1 ship. “This will be too easy”, I think as I target the drones and Crucifier class frigate, while activating my damage control unit, and release my Acolyte drones. I send my drones on the hostile drones that are now buzzing around my ship, trying to crack the shields, which they are failing at. Once I am confident that my drones are taking care of the job at hand, I turn my attention to this traitor, this Sangrel Minn. He is sitting about 35km off my ship, thinking out loud, “He probably thinks he’s safe at this distance, I’ll show him.” With that I open up with 6 Heavy Modulated Energy Beams. The 1st volley rips his shields apart, and starts on his armor. The next 2 rip his armor and hull apart, breaching his hull and engines. As his ship blows apart, I’m thinking, “I hope his final thoughts are a prayer, because he won’t get one from me.”

Once I have taken care of him, I turn my attention back to my drones, and see that they are happily flying around me, waiting for more food. They made short work of these drones, and still want more. I unfortionally don’t have more, so I pull them back in. and align myself back to station, thinking “End to another mission for the Kingdom, let’s hope the next fool that wants to betray it will think first.”

No comments:

Post a Comment